Kale and Potato Soup
1 bunch kale (about 1 lb)
2 lbs boiling potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
2 quarts boiling water
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Remove the stems from the kale, wash the leaves and cut them into a chiffonade (shredded leaves). You should have about 6 to 8 cups.
2. Peel the potatoes and chop them up very fine.
3. Bring the water to a boil with the salt. Add the chopped potatoes, return to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes, covered.
4. Add the kale and cook 2 minutes more.
5. Add pepper (and possibly salt) to taste.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition facts per 1 serving: 157 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 6 g proteins, 530 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber.