2 ripe avocados
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
1 ˝ small tomatoes
1 ˝ tbsp lime juice (or juice of 1 fresh lime)
2 oz. green chiles (fresh or from a can)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel avocados and remove the pits.
2. Peel and mince the onion and the garlic.
3. Finely chop one tomato. Chop the remaining ˝ tomato and put aside to use as top decoration once the guacamole is prepared.
4. Finely chop the green chiles.
5. Mash the avocado in a medium-size bowl and then stir in all the remaining ingredients till well combined. Use the chopped ˝ tomato to decorate the top of the guacamole dip. Refrigerate covered.
6. Serve cold with tortilla chips.
Makes 2 cups or 1 medium-size bowl of guacamole dip.