Veal Osso Bucco with Macaroni Carne
4 2" veal shanks
3 tsp vegetable oil
2 qt chicken or veal stock (2 qt water & 6 bullion cubes)
s mall package of brown gravy mix
3 tsp olive oil
2 ribs celery
˝ spanish onion
1 green pepper
4 medium-size mushrooms
˝ tsp minced garlic
˝ tsp basil
˝ tsp oregano
˝ tsp thyme
f lour to dust
4 cups cooked macaroni
1. Flour shanks and brown in a very hot pan with vegetable oil utill well carmelized. Deglaze pan with water.
2. Bloom Sundried Tomatoes in Chicken Stock for one hour. Add gravy mix and disolve.
3. Cut carrot, celery, spanish onion, pepper, and mushrooms into large rough cut pieces and toss together in olive oil and seasonings.
4. Combine shanks, vegetables, and stock into baking pan and bake covered for 2 ˝ hours at 400 degrees. Toss macaroni in extra finished sauce.
5. Arrange mhanks on plate. Arrange macaroni and vegetables. Cover veal with sauce.
This dish is served with pride at Duranti's Restaurant, in Pittsburgh's Oakland, PA.